Sunday 20 May 2007

What is NLP? part 5

For Richard Bandler’s NLP course on CD, visit:

www.razaaa.com

www.coachingandmentoringonline.com

What is NLP? part 5

21. How do I know if I'm getting good training?

The evidence is in the results you get by the end of the training. Compare the level of skill you had before the training with the level of skill you have after the training and your outcomes at the beginning of the training with how effectively you have achieved them. Also you may discover enhancements in the quality of your communication skills, your thinking skills, your expression, your relationship to the outer world months or even years after the training.

22. If I have already done some training with another organisation and I am concerned with the quality of training I have received what can I do?
I suggest reviewing the outcomes you had for doing that training, reflect on if or how deeply you explored those outcomes with the trainers at the beginning of the training. Ask your trainers about it. If you are still not happy with what you have achieved you may like to consider what you want from NLP and you can call us at Inspiritive to talk about your outcomes. You may be able to get those outcomes through repeating a practitioner training with us. (Discounts available for Certified NLP Practitioners you want to repeat practitioner training).

23. Is NLP training expensive?
Good quality training is relatively inexpensive. For around Aus. $180 per day, for what you learn it is extremely good value for money. In Australia self education expenses are tax deductible. And frankly, in terms of the benefits of learning NLP how can you afford not to accelerate your personal evolution.

24. How long have you been involved in NLP?
I first read about NLP back in 1979. I read an article called "People who read People" written by Daniel Goleman in a magazine called Psychology Today. By the end of the article I knew that this was what I wanted to do. At that time I had to import all three books that had been published. It took three months for the books to arrive! I was so fascinated I read them over and over again. As soon as I could I completed an NLP Practitioner training. By the end of 1981 I was counselling people using NLP full time in a Doctor's surgery. In 1983 I started training in NLP. In 1984 I met John Grinder and I've never looked back.

25. What excites you the most about NLP?
Through the epistemology and methodology of NLP a person can create their own personal culture and have choice about what they do and where they go, what they create, how they express themselves. I think it provides a personal renaissance for people.
I am deeply satisfied when I think about many former students who have blossomed in terms of their own evolution and experience of life through NLP. They are out in the world more capable, doing what they want to do, following their dreams and creating what they want to create.

26. Who are the originators of NLP?
NLP was originated by Dr. John Grinder, an associate Professor of Linguistics, and Richard Bandler back in the early to mid 70's while John was working at the University of California Santa Cruz. See our interview with Dr John Grinder.

27. Who are some of the people who have developed NLP?In the early days there was a small group of people around John and Richard, many of whom have since contributed to NLP. Judith DeLozier co-developed new code NLP with John. Leslie Cameron-Bandler has made significant contributions with models for working with emotions and personality. Robert Dilts had a lasting impact on NLP. Stephen Gilligan has added to the field of Ericksonian Hypnosis. See our Who's Who in NLP

For Richard Bandler’s NLP course on CD, visit:

www.razaaa.com

www.coachingandmentoringonline.com

No comments: